Lunch-hour feature in Nikola: Blogger import
Leer en español
| More posts about
Today at lunch, I added support for importing blogger (maybe also blogspot? They seem to be the same nowadays) blogs
into Nikola my static blog/site engine.
- What works?
Well, the only site I tried works, mostly.
- Blog Metadata (except language)
- Redirects to keep URLs stable (at least it tries really hard!)
- URL rewriting in the posts (it tries!)
- What's not there?
- Comments import (it makes more sense to import them via Disqus' import tool)
- Attachments (images and such)
- Much testing
It's basically on par with the Wordpress import, except noone has used it for real.
So, feel free to try!
(It's nikola import_blogger name_of_the_dump.xml)